Monday, September 10, 2007

Evanescence


The singer from evanescence. Toronto, summer 2006

Evanescence "Open Door" Pop Music CD Review

By Clyde Lee Dennis Platinum Quality Author

I can describe the latest release from Pop sensation Evanescence for you with just one word… Outstanding!

The CD opens with a great track, Sweet Sacrafice, that I anticipate will be heard on radio stations everywhere, and deservedly so. It’s a really nice track.

I give Open Door my highest recommendation. It just plain belongs in any serious music collectors collection regardless of genre preference. It shows a slower more mellow side of Evanescence that kind of surprised me in a very nice way. I found it to be a nice new sound, it's just a real departure from their previous release Fallen. It should be noted as well that lead singer Amy Lee does a superb job with the lyrics throughout the entire collection.

While the entire CD is really very good the truly standout tracks are Call Me When You're Sober [track 2], Lithium [track 4], and Lose Control [track 9].

My SmoothLee Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 8, Like You. It’s a great track!

Open Door Release Notes:

Evanescence originally released Open Door on Oct 03, 2006 on the Wind-Up Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Sweet Sacrifice
2. Call Me When You're Sober
3. Weight Of The World
4. Lithium
5. Cloud Nine
6. Snow White Queen
7. Lacrymosa
8. Like You
9. Lose Control
10. The Only One
11. Your Star
12. All That I'm Living For
13. Good Enough

Evanescence: Amy Lee (vocals); Terry Balsamo, John LaCompt (guitar); Will Boyd (bass guitar); Rocky Gray (drums). Recording information: Record Plant, Hollywood, California.





No comments:

Support This Site

Buy some of my retro T-Shirts here! Just click on my cafepress banner above.